Midwifery Services Provided by Cristi:
- Home Birth or Birth Center Birth at Acorn Community Birth and Wellness Center in Fallbrook, CA
- Water Birth
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
- Prenatal and Postpartum Care - from the beginning of pregnancy through 40 days after the birth
- Birth Tub and Breast Pump Rentals
- Free Pregnancy Tests
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Preconception Counseling
- Well Person Care - including Pap smears and breast exams
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing and Counseling
- Holistic Women and Children's Health Care
Most PPOs now pay for midwifery services. Sliding scale is available. Please call to discuss your situation. Military families receive 10% off all services.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A MEDI-CAL PROVIDER!
What is a Midwife?Ask any midwife this question, and you will get many answers. For me and my practice, a midwife is many, many things:
- A midwife is a professional. A midwife in California is licensed by the Medical Board to conduct all prenatal care, births at home, postpartum care, and newborn care to women who have healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies without physician supervision. She attends women during their pregnancy, birth, and the 40 days afterwards to help them have optimal pregnancies, safe births, establish breastfeeding, and have a integrated adjustment to their new family. Outside of pregnancy and birth, a midwife can also provide well woman care, STI testing and counseling, and family planning services.
- A midwife is an expert in what a normal, natural birthing process looks like. She assists birthing women in having natural births using a variety of techniques and therapies. A midwife is also medically trained to handle situations where pregnancy and birth start falling outside the realm of normal. When this happens, a midwife can either intervene to bring the situation back into normal, or obtain additional medical help when this cannot occur.
- A midwife is a guardian of the sacredness of birth. Birth is a rite of passage for a woman that radically transforms her, shows her her true power, and lays the foundation for the woman and mother she will become for the rest of her life. A midwife understands this, and does everything in her power to prepare her for this transformation and guards her during this powerful time.
- A midwife is a healer. She is skilled in using natural therapies such as nutrition, herbs, homeopathics, and body work to achieve optimal health and birth outcomes for her women and their babies.
- A midwife is a teacher. She strives to educate the mother and her family on the changes of her body, the best techniques to use during labor to facilitate the birth, and how to make good decisions that affect her and her baby's health.
What a midwife cannot do in the State of California:
- She cannot attend women who have certain underlying medical conditions that may jeopardize her and her baby's safety during pregnancy and birth.
- She cannot attend births that are premature (before 37 weeks of pregnancy) or postdates (after 42 weeks of pregnancy).
- She cannot currently attend the birth of breeches or twins (although she is trained in how to deliver them in case of an emergency situation).
- She cannot administer pharmaceutical medications for pain during labor.
- She cannot diagnose a disease or illness, or administer medication outside of her scope of practice.
We serve the following communities: Fallbrook, Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Valley Center, San Marcos, Escondido, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Hemet, Moreno Valley, Lake Elsinore, and the Back County communities including Julian and Ramona.
Please call Cristi with any questions or to schedule a free consultation.